Back in May, I reviewed the Konjac Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal, and overall I loved it! Eventually, it started breaking apart (as it was supposed to), and it sadly found its way into my trashcan.
I was really excited to receive another type of Konjac sponge, this time infused with French green clay. I figured that, since I liked the first one so much, this would be great as well! I was also excited about the addition of the green clay, because of the added benefits that it can detoxify, clarify, and exfoliate (in addition to some additional healing properties).
Overall, I have liked using this sponge (it is still going strong). I like the softness of it, and I feel like I can get all of the soap out of it each time I use it in the shower. It dries well, but it is easy to rewet and reuse each day. I have noticed a few breakouts, which is unusual for me, as I tend to have clear skin. I would guess that this is for two reasons: the starting of exfoliation (although with extended use, they have cleared up) and the introduction of the French green clay could have both triggered them.
In comparing this to the bamboo, I would actually get the bamboo instead of this one, but I would still recommend this (if you want the French green clay).
Great product! Highly encourage using it over other facial sponges!
Here’s some information from the company:
- 100% NATURAL, ECO-FRIENDLY and BIODEGRADEABLE – We painstakingly evaluated countless Konjac sponges on the market before putting our reputation behind this beauty. Our Konjac fiber is grown on the pristine volcanic plains of Jeju Island in South Korea, free from chemicals, pollution and irritants. The sponge hydrates quickly, and lasts longer with proper care than others we tested.
- “MIRACLE SPONGE” FOR YOUR DAILY BEAUTY REGIME – No other beauty sponge will work so hard for you! This luxuriously soft sponge gently exfoliates, cleanses, and is naturally pH balanced.
- LUXURIOUSLY GENTLE EXFOLIATION FOR DAILY USE – Soft enough for a baby’s skin while still providing effective exfoliation. Relaxing and gentle for daily use even on the most sensitive skin. Say goodbye to the irritation caused by harsher exfoliating methods and expensive electronic gadgets. You don’t even need to use a face cleanser, unless you want to. Fantastic for battling blackheads and breakouts!
- NEW IMPROVED TEARDROP SHAPE – FOR FACE AND BODY – New ergonomically designed teardrop shape fits comfortably in the palm of your hand while the soft rounded point allows you to gently exfoliate sensitive hard to reach areas around your eyes. Ideal shape for the contours of your face but still large enough for your body. You’ll love using it in the shower or by the mirror!
- Free From Chemicals, Pollution and Irritants
- 100% Biodegradable and Sustainable (You can even plant it in your flowerbed or compost when you want to retire it)
- Not Tested on Animals, and Vegan Friendly
- Has NO Added Dyes or Colorants