Happy 2014! It’s so hard to believe that 2013 is over and done with, and here we are at a brand new year.
2013 wasn’t without its ups and downs. We had to say heartbreaking final goodbyes to some of our family members and friends. I finished teaching in June in order to focus on my pregnancy and raising our twins. I also found amazing success with this blog and my craft business Personally Yours. We ended the year on the highest note by welcoming our twins Audrey and David. Let’s hope that 2014 continues with the same high that 2013 ended!
In 2014, obviously my top priority is going to be my new family. I know I have a lot to learn as a first time mom AND mom of twins, and thankfully you are going to be able to witness it all through this blog.
I’ve never been one for New Year’s Resolutions, as I feel like they only “work” through January and then you lose steam. Instead, I have a 2014 Bucket List… things I really hope I will be able to accomplish, all with my priority of my babies and husband at the front of my mind.
- Tell Tim, Audrey, and David that I love them every day.
- Give lots of kisses, hugs, and cuddles.
- Through sleep-training, have David and Audrey sleep through the night (at least 8 hours).
- Create and stick to a schedule of playtime, developmental activities, naps, and eating for David and Audrey.
- Take their first trip to the beach.
- Take their first trip to the lake in Alabama.
- Introduce solid foods to David and Audrey.
- Celebrate their first birthday with family and friends.
- Make one home-cooked meal a week.
- Keep control of the household piles.
- Continue yoga training in order to stay healthy and centered.
- Find a balance of blog-writing, Personally Yours projects, and family time.
- Institute technology-free times.