As soon as we found out we would be having twins, my head started swimming. All of those things that we want to have for ONE baby will now have to be DOUBLED! Eek! Then, I started researching. It turns out that thanks to the world of blogs and MOM (Moms of Multiples) blogs, I could use their resources and advice to come up with our list. So, without further ado, here is our registry list. If you are looking to help support our growing family, we’ve even linked the registries to the bottom of this post.
As we were going through Babies R Us, Pottery Barn Kids, and shopping online, we realized that our registry list was HUGE, due to the fact that we did end up needing multiples of some big ticket items. We therefore decided to only register for the most critical items, and we saved some things for later. I put the “on hold” items in italics.
- Diapers: lots and lots of them in all sizes
- Laundry Detergent: Dreft or All Free and Clear
- Aquaphor (healing ointment)
- Baby wash
- Baby lotion
- Diaper cream (“Butt paste”)
- Tylenol Infant Drops
- Gas relief drops (“Mylicon – non staining”)
- Triple antibiotic ointment
- Saline spray
- Disposable changing pads
Bath and Safety
- Nasal bulb syringe
- Washcloths x8-12
- Bath tub
- Nail clipper
- Car mirrors x2
- Hooded towels x2-4
- Bath seat for adults
- Suds and sun visor
- Bottles x6-12 large size (We want to do a little bit more research before we register for this.)
- Double nursing pillow: “My Breast Friend”
- Nursing pillow cover x2
- Burping pads x12-24 (We couldn’t find gender neutral patterns we loved yet.)
- Bottle brush and sanitizing kit (We want to do a little bit more research before we register for this.)
- Hospital-grade breast pump (We want to do a little bit more research before we register for this. Plus, insurance gives us one for FREE!)
- Nursing cover with boning
- Bottle drying rack
- Dishwasher basket for feeding accessories x2
- Double-feeding seat: “Table for Two”
- Crib Sheets x4-6
- Diaper caddy x3 (We need to finalize nursery colors before we register for this.)
- Video baby monitor (We want to do a little bit more research before we register for this.)
- Crib mattress x2 (We want to do a little bit more research before we register for this.)
- 2 dust ruffles (We need to finalize nursery colors before we register for this.)
- Changing pad
- Changing pad covers x4 (We need to finalize nursery colors before we register for this.)
- Diaper pail (We need to finalize nursery colors before we register for this.)
- Boppy x2 (Although we won’t be using this for feedings, we want these for tummy time and other development. We are waiting to find out the genders before registering for this.)
- Cribs x2
- Carseats x2 (We are waiting to find out the gender before registering for this.)
- Carseat bases (x4 for our cars, x4 more for the grandparents)
- Double stroller
- Bouncy seats x2
- Swings/Jumper/Exersaucer x2 (Not a necessity at first, so we are waiting.)
- Highchairs x2 (Not a necessity at first, so we are waiting.)
- Pack N Play (We registered for one, but we will probably get a second one that is used after the babies are born.)
- Rectangle Receiving Blankets x12 (We registered for some, and we will register for more when we find out the genders.)
- Diaper Bag
- Pacifiers x4 (Waiting on the genders.)
- Soothers/Teething rings x2 (Waiting on the genders.)
- Play mat x2
- Bumbo seat with tray x2
- Sleep sacks : “Woombies” or other brands
- Wrap (Moby or Didymos)
- Front-end carrier (We decided to just stick to the Moby Wrap since we can make this work with twin newborns, and we will invest in this later, if needed.)
- Car seat protection x4
- “Mommy Hook:” to attach to the stroller for carrying extra bags
- Play toys for carseat
And here are the registries:
We tried to get as many items from Babies R Us from here as possible, since they are so prevalent throughout the country (and our friends/family live ALL over the country). This has the majority of the items from our registry at a range of prices.
I love, love, LOVE Pottery Barn bedding, so the majority of our bedding is from here. I went a little bedding crazy, since we do not know if they are boys or girls or one of each. I will narrow it down once we find that out. We also have some other adorable add-ons, including our cribs.
This is for all of the miscellaneous items that we found online from various vendors, but we didn’t feel like starting registries with each of them. This site includes our stroller, car seats, and other necessary odds and ends.
Babylist is an innovative registry site where you can put items from all over the internet in one place. It is easy for us to add things to the list. You can add quirky things as well, such as frozen meals or petsitting gift cards. You know, things that aren’t for the baby, but will sure make having that baby a little easier on Mom and Dad. To buy something from the registry, the gift-giver needs to do the following:
1. Pick which item you want to purchase.
2. Click “Reserve” by that item.
3. Enter your name and email (not for spam, but to receive a confirmation email).
4. Go to the website and purchase the item. You can even purchase it from another website, if you find a better price or option.
5. If you change your mind, click the “Unreserve Item” link in the confirmation email.
Cool how it works, right?