Aw, I love my bloggy (and real-life) friends!
In December, I was nominated for a Liebster Award. This is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Blogs are nominated by fellow bloggers, and there are no winners (just hopefully more followers). It’s a great way to get our names out there and have our friends follow or discover other blogs.
The Liebster Award Rules:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator sets for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Nominate 11 blogs that you follow (also with less than 200 followers). Link them to your post and let them know that they have been nominated.
5. No tag backs!
So, without further ado, here are the 11 Random Things about Me:
1. I am Jewish. You wouldn’t think that a girl with the married name Doyle or the maiden name Tucker is Jewish, but I am, and proud of it! I don’t keep it hidden, but I also don’t bare it for all to see… until the world saw my Chanukah Tacky Sweater, that is.
2. I have two brothers: one is 14 years older than me, and the other is 10 years younger than me. We three were basically raised as only children. By the time my younger brother Josh leaves to go to college next fall, my dad will have had children in the house for 43 years. Yikes!
3. This upcoming April, on our 4th wedding anniversary, we will celebrate our 10th dating anniversary.
4. My husband is also my “Brother” (we pledged Alpha Phi Omega together, which is a co-ed service fraternity, when we were in college).
5. I love sales. When I was in high school, I worked for years at a lamp shade shop and antique store. I loved that job. You would not believe how many different kinds of lamp shades exist. I think I love being able to meet and help people make decisions, while think of new, creative solutions. This is probably why I love
6. From the time I was 3-19 years old, I was a dedicated actress. I took a break after my freshman year of college for a couple of years in order to try some other things (being in shows takes up all extra time). Recently, I performed in my 70th production. When I was in 3rd grade, I had an agent in New York and went on two Broadway auditions: Les Miz (I was an inch too tall for Young Cosette) and Annie Warbucks (I am not a belter). I went to college at Vanderbilt to major in theatre, and it was only when I transferred to Virginia Tech that I made the decision to put my love of theatre on hold to try something else. Let’s just say, I didn’t want to wait tables in NYC after graduating college.
7. Family is my top priority. This is hopefully no surprise to anyone that has read my blog. Tim and my mom are my best friends. I idolize my dad and his enormous heart (and quirky personality). I adore my older brother and his dear family. I tear up whenever I talk to anyone about my “baby” brother and his numerous successes. My grandparents passing away have been the hardest things for me to deal with (I still cannot talk about Papa Alan without tearing up). My favorite vacations have been with family. Probably the strongest attraction that I had to Tim when we first started dating was his relationship with his parents and siblings. Any man that is that dedicated to his family will treat a girl right.
8. I realize that I am wordy, which is funny, because in elementary school, my teachers were so concerned because I didn’t include ANY detail in my writing.
9. I love Christmas and the holiday season. Getting a stocking with the Doyle family during my first Christmas with them (2003!), was like heaven. I couldn’t believe that I actually got to celebrate this glorious holiday!
10. I am terrified of death. It is so final.
11. I wear my emotions on my sleeve. If I am happy, you know it. Sad? You can tell. Moody? Watch out! I wish I could hide them as if I were on stage, but I just can’t. I try to keep this blog very uplifting and positive, because that is the way that I want others to view me.
Questions from Sarah:
1. What is one wish you have for your blog?
I want to have someone find me randomly and pin a post on Pinterest (without me starting it).
2. What is your favorite ice cream topping?
Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups and Cookie Dough. Unfortunately, I don’t get to have them much on ice cream, because I am lactose intolerant. I love the pills, but I try not to eat too much ice cream. Tear…
3. What is your dream vacation?
Because I am terrified of flying, I will either need a cruise/car combination or a transportation device like in Star Trek. I want to see the following places: Pompeii, Rome, Irish countryside, Greek isles, the Great Wall, the Great Barrier Reef, and Israel. While I am at the GBR, I want to go cage diving with great white sharks. Yes, I am terrified of flying, but I want to swim with sharks… with a protective cage, of course!
4. Cake or cupcakes?
Cake. No slices. Forks only. Do you want to know what kind? Almond cake with European buttercream frosting. Fresh strawberries on the side.
5. What is your favorite accessory and why?
My wedding and engagement rings. Simple, personal, meaningful, and both were picked out by Tim.
6. Windows down or air conditioning in the car?
AC! I live in Virginia.
7. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Favorite holiday that I celebrate: a tie between Thanksgiving and Fourth of July. I love being with family, cookouts, and fireworks. I also love that Thanksgiving means that I can have mashed potatoes and stuffing in one meal (and it kicks off the warm and fuzzy time of year).
Favorite holiday that I enjoy: Christmas.
8. What is your favorite dessert?
9. What are two things you carry in your purse at all times?
Chapstick and my phone.
10. Wine, beer, or neither?
I love the taste of red wine, but my tummy doesn’t like it when I drink, so I just do without it.
11. What is your favorite style of food (Mexican, Italian, Asian, etc…)?
Italian food is my go-to, but I have found a new love for Thai and Vietnamese.
Questions for the Nominees:
1. What is your biggest frustration with other people’s grammar?
2. Germophobe or germophile?
3. Glue gun or sewing?
4. What was your favorite grade in school and why?
5. If you could do anything other than your current job, what would it be?
6. If money were no object, where would you live?
7. Describe your dream house.
8. What is one thing on Pinterest that you would absolutely love to make/own/do?
9. Where is your favorite local place to shop?
10. What is your worst habit?
11. What book, TV, or movie character fits you to a T?
And now, the Nominees:
2. Mission 2 B a Mom
3. The Modage Cottage
4. 52 Lunches (I’m sure they have more than 200 followers, but I still love their blog)
5. Alyson Stoakley
6. My Semi-Charmed Life
7. Uniquely Yours or Mine
8. Young and Frugal in Virginia (just slightly more than 200 followers, but great coupons)
9. On the Banks of Stony Creek
10. The Marriage Underground
11. A Modern Day Fairytale