WARNING: I will not be held responsible for shortages on brown/granulated sugar and jelly jars due to the nature of this post.
I am all about homemade gifts, especially when they can help the gift-giver save money. Some of the best gifts from my students have been a pop-up card, a Snoopy doghouse (yes, I did have a student make this for my birthday this year), or a Post-It note holder (I use these for everything in my classroom).
We are so fortunate to have many loved ones in our lives, but that can get expensive! So, thanks to DIY gifts, we can show everyone how much we care for them, and save some bucks in the process.
Here’s what you need for every 8 oz jelly jar:
2/3 cup granulated sugar2/3 cup brown sugar
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
yummy smells (I use almond and vanilla extract)
1. Start with the sugar. Stir them together in a bowl until they are well-mixed.
2. Add in the EVOO. Stir together.
3. Add in your yummy smells until you get a good whiff of it. I tend to go overboard with the almond and vanilla, because I am obsessed with those smells. Stir.
4. If your mixture is looking a little dry, add in a bit more EVOO. I did, and then I checked to be sure I could still smell the almond/vanilla.
5. Fill the jelly jar with your scrub.
6. Try it out! After all, you must be able to prove how soft it really can make your hands. They will hurt a little at first, but when you rinse them off, they will feel oily (that is the EVOO), and then oh-so-soft. Put on some of your favorite lotion (my suggestion: Suave Vitamin E Body Lotion) and keep rubbing your hands together because you will not believe how amazing they feel!
7. Make a tag and give it away! Don’t forget to keep some for yourself!